Endurance in the Face of Danger
All of our life, experience, and accomplishments are the result of God’s loving, gracious, and powerful hand. We are not the byproducts of chance, nor the brilliance of our greatness, but we are God’s display of His glory by the sacrifice of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ. Now we have the freedom to enjoy that relationship with Christ, while living in communion with Him, cherishing the reading of His word, and faithfully serving Him without the consuming fear of impending doom.
Paul’s life and ministry were indeed the results of Christ’s call joined with a passion for Christ. Paul lived free from the bondage of fear, which enabled him to put his energy toward carrying the life-transforming message to those in high public positions. Paul trusted and rested in the Lord’s deliverance as he waited for the Lord to, “Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O Lord” (Ps. 83:16).
Luke’s narrative presents valuable lessons about God, ourselves, faith, commitment, and the value of endurance. It is time to unfold those essential lessons.
- God’s providence determines our progress – Acts 27:1
- God’s protection delivers us from fear – Acts 27:27
- God’s purpose designs our effectiveness – Acts 28:4
- Abiding in Christ produces greater awareness of His plan – Acts 27:25
- Alertness to God’s providence grows from meditating on God’s word – 2 Thess. 3:1-5