God’s Solution to the Sin Problem Part 3
The moment Adam and Eve sinned against God, death resulted, thereby infecting all of God’s creation. Adam and Eve, similar to our response, immediately sought to find their cure for this infection through self-help treatment and performance. Tragically, this conventional medicine will never produce good results because it has always been the opposite of God’s answer to the sin problem.
Living as the walking dead requires the work of the One infinitely superior to all of creation. Those who are dead in sin need the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit, who raised Jesus from the dead, to make them alive. The writer of Hebrews identifies Jesus as the one who offers this magnanimous gift to all who trust in Him. The God who came at Christmas is the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. He is the one who came to save us from our sin, who is Emmanuel, God with us.
- Reflects God’s original plan
- Realized through the work of Jesus Christ
- Rests in the high priestly work of Jesus Christ
- Is His accomplishment, not our self-effort
- Is the answer to our fear of judgment
- Is the merciful and faithful assistance in the midst of trials