From Decay to Immortality
1 Corinthians 15:50-58
The grace of God provides for the believer everything necessary to live abundantly for Jesus Christ, even while the sinful and decaying world surrounds us. We prosper only through the finished work of Christ in His death and resurrection. Thankfully, as believers in Jesus Christ, we lack nothing for this life or the life in the future. Living as a conqueror in Christ, we can rest in the truth that our experience in this body is not the end. Our future is secure, our ministry is not in vain, and our comfort in Christ will endure.
Paul addressed a congregation of believers who experienced the grace of salvation and the equipping and gifting of the Holy Spirit. Regrettably, characterized by their culture more than by Christ, Paul corrected and urged the congregation to think biblically. Paul, in conclusion, insisted on the certainty of the resurrection of Christ and its eternal impact.
God is presently at work in preparing us for our eternal home in heaven and providing the power of accomplishment along the journey. Here are truths for our edification and comfort.
- Our present bodies demand change – 1 Corinthians 15:50
- Our present bodies will experience change – 1 Corinthians 15:52-53
- Our present struggle against sin and death will cease – 1 Corinthians 15:54-57
- Our present struggle in ministry will conquer – 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Avoid being overly concerned or indebted to this life; it will end
- The work of Jesus Christ guarantees every aspect of our life
- We need to spend more time rejoicing rather than worrying; death will not win