March 14, 2019
Flash is required to play this audio.http://cod.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Sermon_03_17_19-1.mp3
“For by grace you have been saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
1. Grace can be defined as the __________of God.
2. The acronym G.R.A.C.E. is God’s___________ at __________expense.
3. Romans 3:11 tells us, “There is __________ who understands, there is ___________ who seeks for God.”
4. D.L. Moody preached, “Law tells me how crooked I am; __________ comes along and straightens me out.”
5. Ephesians 2:4-5 says, (4) “ __________God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, (5) even when we were __________ in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).”
6. Just a reminder, “… a broken pitcher is to __________ carry milk.”
7. Jesus did not come to “patch us together.” Jesus causes a new spiritual birth, and, “If anyone is in Christ he is a new
__________.” I Corinthians 5:17
8. “If we analyze salvation in its most basic sense we will say that we are saved by the __________ of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
9. “The only real preparation for belief in Jesus Christ is to be touched with a real and vivid sense and awareness of our
____________ .” – John Calvin
10. Jesus came to save __________; not the righteous!
I personally admit and affirm 1 Timothy 1:15, “It is a trustworthy
statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.”
I praise God that I am saved by Grace through Faith!