S.D.G. (Soli Deo Gloria)
1 Corinthians 10:31
“Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
1. “We believe the true church, following Christ’s example of Servanthood, will yield a holy and joyous community distinctly ________ from the pattern of this world.”
2. “We believe, true followers of Christ commit to assembling to worship _____, for spiritual growth and for encouragement…”
3. At the bottom of over 10,000 pages of music (that he wrote) Bach wrote the letters _____ _____ _____.
4. What are the letters written at the bottom of the decisions you make? (For reflection, prayer, and repentance where indicated.)
5. Can a carpenter, poet, physician, mother, father, or (fill in whatever vocation you choose) work S.D.G.?
6. Do you?
7. “True believers don’t blend in very _____.”
8. Christ, is, according to , “the radiance of His _____ and the exact representation of His power.”
9. Who is worthy to receive glory and honor and power?
10. According to the Westminster shorter Catechism, what is the chief end of man? (Answer) “Man’s chief end is to _____God and to enjoy Him forever.”
All things are lawful, but not all things are ____.
All things are lawful, but not all things _____.
12. “Scripture exhorts us to think of _____. Not ourselves! (Very Counter-cultural!)
13. according to the Cambridge Declaration, “Evangelical churches, today are increasingly dominated by the spirit of this ____ rather than the Spirit of _____.”
14. According to the Cambridge Declaration, when the church loses the centrality of Christ the following may happen: Worship is transformed into _____, Gospel preaching becomes _____, believing becomes feeling good about _____, and faithfulness is translated into being _____.
3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Do All to the Glory of God
23 “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.