If you have not visited Church of the Open Door (COD) before, here is some general information about us:
COD is a family friendly, Christ-centered church. We have many opportunities for participating in church activities. The best way to start getting involved with COD is to join us for a 10:45 Sunday morning service.
Our blended service combines both contemporary music and traditional hymns. We have a full choir that sings almost every Sunday and a church orchestra. We are well known for the quality music programs at COD.
COD has a wide variety of visitors and members, with all age ranges and backgrounds. Typically we have between 300 and 350 people at Sunday service.
Wondering what to wear? Some members wear suits but we have many members who dress casually as well. As long as you dress tastefully, you will fit right in.
Our Pastor reads from the Bible, as we are a Bible-based church. Bring your own Bible or use one of the ESV (English Standard Version) Bibles from our pews.
Service starts at 10:45, but you are welcome to come early and get settled in the main Sanctuary or up in the balcony, and meet people or just prepare your heart for service. We invite you to fill out a Visitor’s Card that you can bring to the Welcome Desk following the service, where we would love to greet you and give you a free gift, just for visiting.
- We have Sunday School, for both adults and youths (all ages), prior to service.
- For the very young (newborn to age 3) we have a secure nursery service.
- Older children (age 4 to 5th grade) are welcome in the service, and are involved for the first third of the service and then are welcome to join the Kidz Connection Children’s Church for the rest of the service.
- Parents pick up their kids at the classrooms after the service is over.
A typical order of service is:
- A prelude of music
- The call to worship (song)
- A welcome from the Pastor
- A song from our Choir
- The offertory (no obligation to give) with music
- Announcements and greeting of others (meet the people sitting around you)
- Songs of praise – children are dismissed to kids church at this time
- Special music
- Pastor’s message
- Closing song
- Once a month we have a communion service after the message. This is followed by a benevolent offering.
Service runs from 10:45 am to 12:10 pm.
After the service, we invite you to stop by the Welcome Desk to find out about upcoming events, received a free gift for first-time visitors or meet the Pastors in the Narthex. You can also purchase a CD of the service. The sermon is available on this website shortly after service.
Looking for more involvement?
- We have Sunday School for children and Adult Bible Fellowships beginning at 9:30.
- Small Groups meet at various homes during the week.
- Musically inclined? Get involved in the music program.
- There are numerous youth group events, including Sunday evening gathering.
- Awana children’s programs.
- We have numerous Bible Studies, include Men’s and Women’s.