He Who Began
- Kononia is commonly translated as fellowship, joint participation, or communion.
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 “God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- I’d like to suggest, then, that kononia is much deeper than social interaction.
- Philippians 1:3-5 “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now.“
- The Philippians are partners with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- John 6:37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.”
- Philippians 1:6 “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 145:18 “The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.“
- Genesis through the Revelation of Jesus Christ speaks of a God who keeps His covenant from generation to generation.
- God never gives up!
- The perseverance of the saint’s rests upon the perseverance of God.